Get psychological help for specific symptoms in Cambridge.
People of all ages consult help for significant emotional or psychological disorders, and my clients tend to approach The Thrive Programme because they want to learn how to Thrive, and have problems or symptoms they want to overcome.
The following list includes some specific symptoms clients have successfully overcome using The Thrive Programme;
- All fears and phobias including Emetophobia (pathological fear of vomiting, or SPOV specific phobia of vomiting)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Post-viral Fatigue Syndrome
- ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis or Encephalopathy)
- Stopping smoking (92.5% success rate)
- Social anxiety, stress, panic disorder
- Low mood, feeling down, emotional problems
- Inability to relax, stress
- Low self-esteem, low self-belief
- Confidence issues, fear of failure, performance anxiety & exam nerves
- Eating disorders (including anorexia nervosa, bulimia, body dysmorphia)
- Self-harming and related symptom diagnosis
- Resolving relationship issues (families, marriages, friendships)
- Sexual problems and intimacy issues (including vaginismus, premature ejaculation)
- Weight loss and weight management
- Habits and Addictions
- Alcohol abuse/excessive drinking
- Drug abuse
- Sleep problems (chronic insomnia, night-brooding, nightmares)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Stress related skin problems
- Anger management
- Helping people to cope with and fight cancer, chronic illness and pain
- Overcoming trauma including bereavement
- Developing life skills and improving job prospects, keeping a job, interview skills, presentation skills
- Sports performance including overcoming ‘choking’
- Helping children with school phobias, bed-wetting, night-tremors, not eating, eating too much, separation anxiety, nail-biting, shyness, low mood, anxiety, lack of confidence, poor school work, poor academic performance, sibling rivalry and much, much more.
If you have experience of any of the above, it is likely you believe your choices are limited and you are stuck with your current symptoms, worries, illness, lack of success, or just your life in general. Like most people, you probably feel as though you are powerless to change your situation. There is plenty of research that shows this is exactly what the majority of people who are phobic, anxious, depressed, over-weight, stressed or ill believe (for example, Abrahamsson et al., 2002; Edwards et al., 2007; Walters and Charles, 1997; and Seaman and Lewis, 1995). However, although you – and millions of other people like you – believe this, you are actually wrong in your assumptions. You actually DO have the power to change your situation and to Thrive: you have just never been given the skills to do so.
Get psychological help for specific symptoms in Cambridge – If you are ready to commit time and effort to overcome your symptoms, book a Thrive Programme course with me today.